Last week I did an in-depth webinar on Edge Animate. If you are looking for a good getting started resource I believe this can be the one 😉 During this session I covered the following topics:
• Setting up a new project
• Importing existing HTML content
• Walking through the main panels and tools of Edge Animate
• Animating elements with and without the Pin tool
• Creating and understanding Symbols
• Using web fonts with Edge Animate
• Designing for flexible/responsive layouts
• Handling old unsupported browsers
• Publishing and Optimizing Edge Animate compositions for the Web and DPS (Digital Publishing Suite)
You can watch the whole webinar here.
Last night I did a deep dive webinar on Edge Animate at Adobe TechLive (you will be able to watch it here soon). During the session I covered how you can animate HTML elements over a curved motion path. I haven’t found a really good explanation of this topic in other places so I thought I would record my approach to it and share it with others!
Ever wondered how to animate over a curved path with Edge Animate? If so you can learn about it next week during my “Creating HTML animations with Edge Animate” session at Adobe the TechLive webinar. You can check the agenda and add it to your calendar here.
And here is a sample of how it can work
The Create The Web online event is part of new initiative from the Adobe Evangelism team called Adobe Tech Live. The event is a replay of a world wide tour that was held by Adobe at the end of 2012. So if you missed it nearby, please join us on January 15:
- 1:00PM – 1:30PM EST: Web Standards and the Future of CSS by Alan Greenblatt
- 1:30PM – 2:00PM EST: HTML Animation with Edge Animate by Piotr Walczyszyn
- 2:00PM – 2:30PM EST: Responsive Design with Edge Reflow and Edge Inspect by Holly Schinsky
- 2:30PM – 3:30PM EST: Mobile and Web Application Development with PhoneGap Build and Edge Code by Ray Camden
- 3:30PM – 4:00PM EST: Q&A by Everyone
Attend today’s Create The Web online sessions and learn how to create your own end of the world timer with Adobe Edge Animate. There is not much time left. The Edge Animate webinar starts at 19:30 CET and the end of the world is tomorrow at 10:11 CET 😉
By the way, today’s online event is the first one under the umbrella of our new initiative called Adobe TechLive. In the future, our Evangelism team is planning to use this new channel to host online webinars like this one, in-depth online workshops, interactive chats with Adobe Product Managers and I guess potentially anyone that would like to share valuable content around the web technologies.
UPDATE (2012-12-21): I guess end of the world didn’t happen so in this case it really makes sense to learn Edge Animate, you can watch my session at the 31:45 minute mark here.
As you may already know PhoneGap/Cordova 2.x has changed how the framework is referenced in iOS projects. This new approach gives more flexibility and ease of installation but at the same time it has some quirks especially when working in Xcode on multiple projects at the same time. This may actually change in the future releases as you may see there is an active discussion about it on the callback-dev mailing list.
In the meantime I wanted to share how you can quickly change a reference to CordovaLib directly from Xcode. The approach I prefer is to embed CordovaLib under my project directory. This way I can push it to my repository and version control it with my project files.